Sunday 6 March 2011

06 March 2011

As is probably fairly obvious from the design of this page, I have decided to write a blog as a means of chronicling my training for the Great North Run. I will be running in aid of Oxfam, a charity whose work tackles poverty and suffering across the globe.

My goal is to raise at least £400 to support Oxfam in their work and this blog will enable me to show those who (hopefully!) choose to sponsor me how their money will be used. It will also be a motivational aid for me - reading about how women in Africa battle against the odds to feed and educate their families is something of an inspiration and makes going for a run feel that bit less onerous...

I will aim to document my training each week and use each post to highlight a different aspect of Oxfam's work and the kind of causes they support. Those who feel moved to sponsor me can find a link to my
Just Giving page on this site - even the smallest amount would be very much appreciated!




No comments:

Post a Comment